2014: Insurance Corporation in the Community
Here at Insurance Corporation we are proud to support a wide range of community activities through our community support programme across the Channel Islands.
Here are just some of the things we’ve been a part of during 2014:
- Did you know that Insurance Corporation have been the main sponsor of the most famous competition in local football, the Channel Islands Football Muratti Vase since 2013? The Muratti has a proud history dating back to 1905, involving the best footballers from Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney. Insurance Corporation previously sponsored the Junior Muratti, the under-18 inter-insular, which dates back to the 1920s. Managing Director Glyn Smith, played in schoolboy, junior and senior finals representing Guernsey.
- Did you know that since 2008 Insurance Corporation has supported the Catel du Lecq hard habitat restoration work project on Jersey’s north coast? The site is small in size but great in historic significance incorporating several disused agricultural fields, a Napoleonic fort and an ‘earthwork’ feature thought to be of Iron Age construction with later additions possibly medieval and certainly some from the Occupation.
- Did you know that the annual Insurance Corporation Healthcare Bursary Awards began in 1991, 23 years ago? Every year HSSD staff have been encouraged to explore projects that would enhance the health and social care provision in the Islands. Every winner over the years has made an invaluable contribution in some way to the healthcare of the Bailiwick. For more information on this year’s winners please see our feature on our website here.
- Did you know that Insurance Corporation has supported the Jersey Battle of Flowers for many years through its sponsorship of the Optimist’s Club Float? This event continues to be the most colourful and spectacular in the Channel Islands with an international reputation. It has also proved to be a winning partnership with the Optimist’s float winning top prize for the last 3 years!
- Did you know that Insurance Corporation has helped sponsor the Rocquaine Regatta for many years? Taking place at Rocquaine Bay in Torteval every summer, the event features street entertainment, swimming and boat races and is a real family favourite with the local community.
- Did you know that Insurance Corporation proudly sponsored the Inter-Island Environment Conference in Jersey this year? Being involved with this 2 day conference complements the work Insurance Corporation do in Jersey and Guernsey with their annual Conservation Awards, and helps ICCI and Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust to promote the brilliant conservation work that takes place to protect our environment for future generations.
- Did you know that as a member of the consortium, Insurance Corporation work’s alongside other local companies to support the Battle of Britain air display and therefore, help raise funds for the RAF Association?
- Did you know that in 2015 ICCI will celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards in both Guernsey and Jersey. The awards are open to individuals, businesses, organisations and schools who have created, or who have plans to create, an environmental project for the benefit of the Channel Islands. Over the years these diverse projects have helped shape our green environment protecting and enhancing what makes our islands so special. In 2014 ICCI introduced a new award in honour of Insurance Corporation Chairman and founder of the Conservation Awards, Peter Walpole. This award gave the opportunity for followers of Insurance Corporation’s Facebook page to vote for their favourite project which proved very popular.
News & Events